Heart & Body Naturals is committed to validating our ingredient supply chain, starting at the point of origin. We work closely with all of our manufacturing partners and their growers to verify traceability and ensure sustainable growing and harvesting practices are used. Purity, potency, and quality are the benchmarks we seek in all of our raw ingredients.
HBN's raw ingredients are meticulously examined by quality control teams and selected to meet specific criteria. Both stringent in-house quality control and third-party validation guarantee safety and compliance with regulations as well as consistent conformance to our quality standards.
Each production lot is tested in certified ISO/IEC17025 labs for most, if not all, of the following:
- Over 75 known pesticides (USP)
- Microbials (AOAC/USP) including mold, E-coli and staphylococcus
- GMOs, Loss on Drying, Ash and/or other testing as needed
- FTIR (Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy): Identity and Country of Origin Testing of all raw materials and Identity Testing of finished blends
- PPSL (Photostimulated Luminescence): Radiation detection testing by PSL photon count level screening
- HPLC (High-Performance Liquid Chromatography): Qualitative and quantitative phytochemical testing and fingerprint analysis
- GC/MS (Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry): pesticides, residual solvents, amino acids, fatty acids, some glucosinolates
- ICP/MS (Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry) & ICP/MS DRC (Dynamic Reactive Cell): Heavy metals testing & nutritional mineral analysis
- UV Spectrophotometry: Quantitative analysis by light absorption: polyphenols, anthocyanins, OPC, fibers, beta glucans, flavonoids, betalains, carotenoids
- HPTLC (High-Performance Thin Layer Chromatography): Botanical identification testing
More information on our stringent quality standards can be found at http://hbnaturals.com/standards.asp